View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: $2k push-up Prop bet

I've done a bet like this before. I don't want to say you can't do it, but by now you're pretty screwed. If your max is 35, I would have structured it like this.
Do 25, take a 3 minute break. Repeat 4 times. Take a 10 minute break. Do this entire set 5 times so you're at 500. After that you're halfway there and have plenty of time to do it. Just knock out 10 or 15 when you feel like it and you're there in no time.
The reason I say you approached it wrong is because you say your muscles are already starting to feel sore. You shouldn't have let it get to that point. Above all else you have to keep in some kind of motion. Don't let yourself go to sleep or completely rest for more than an hour or so, otherwise stiffness sets in and then pain.

At this point, I would say that you're a definite underdog here. To give yourself the best chance, I'd try to have at least 900 done before you have 1 hour left. At that point, the goal will be so close that the pain won't matter. I recommend loosening up your muscles by doing flys with very very light weights. Like if you have adjustable dumbbells, do the motion with just the bar to keep flexibility and blood flow. Failing that, those little pink 1 lb. dumbbells women joggers use.
Above all else, I recommend not sleeping. If you sleep, game over.