View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Any good books for low-limit short hand?

[ QUOTE ]
One 2+2, another coming out September and there's some book in the middle too (a likely non-2+2 book) that's coming out likely before that (though I don't know how good it is), so three.

But I don't recommend limit holdem as the best action is at NL. I recommend 6-max/5-max NL rather than 6-max LH (that additionally has a major rake problem especially these days when they rake more).

It's a big mistake these days to play/study limit.

I played limit eight years online and just lately had to wake up to the facts and start playing NLH shorthanded. Plenty other LH SH players have also moved from limit to no-limit. When you wake up to that fact, you will wonder why you didn't see it before, and all it would have taken is to take SH NL holdem instead of SH LH, that simple is that and all is much better.

The limit games are increasingly tough these days and the edges too small compared to the rake or the bet sizes. It's on the books now and it's basically just a "mechanical" book game, so getting enough edge over decent players is hard. It's all much better at NL and limit poker is a rare game at many sites.

Most fish is found from NL these days and one doesn't need like two fish there (that's not usually there at limit) but just one fish will do, and if one gets good even no-fish will do as there are bigger skill level differences at no-limit compared to limit, just abc-play won't do as well at no-limit than it does at limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blahblahblah bet more on the turn, lol minbet, nice pooflinging blahblahblah. Take this garbage to BBV.

Even though I'm playing more NL these days myself, I think limit is still both profitable and valuable for any player who has an edge. Seriously, why do we even debate which one is a 'better' game?