View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 01:36 PM

Default 3-bet bottom set on the river?

Bay101 20-40:

Villain is a 20-something white girl. Pretty good player, and is generally tight-passive preflop but very aggro postflop. She has an internet poker style to her IMO. Folded to villain who open-raises in cutoff. She's stealing, but not with total garbage here.

Folded to me in BB and I look down at 44. I debate between raising and calling and decide to just call planning to check-raise most flops.

Flop is J-4-2 rainbow. I pause for a sec, check, she bets, I raise, she aggressively 3-bets. I put her on most likely 2 overcards, maybe one overcard, maybe a smaller pocket pair. AA/KK/QQ or a J is pretty unlikely. Doesn't really matter though, she is drawing pretty slim. I call.

Turn is offsuit K. I c/r, she gives a surpised, "wow, I didn't realize you have that big of a hand" expression and calls.

River is A. I bet, she raises. I think for a long time (like 10-12 seconds). She's pretty aggro, might raise with AK/AJ here putting me on like KJ, K4, etc.

I don't think she has KK/JJ, she could have AA/AK/AJ or some random QT she went crazy with.

3-town? Just call? Against most players, I would probably just call, but she is pretty aggro.