View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Donking into the raiser, *theory*

guys first of all I guess Bobbo is talking about smart-donkbetting, not about those people that call a 4BB raise pre oop then "fire" 1BB at the pot.

Anyway I'm interested in this smart-donkbetting thread, because it's something I use quite few times (usually not with air) and I tend to respect good players donking into me, most folding if I miss the flop rather than floating.

I guess the keys to make this play profitable are:

1 - To be against a thinking original raiser, otherwise you basically have no fold equity; against a donk you should donkbet only made hands (sets, 2pairs, straights, etc...), because HE was the original raiser and won't fold anything for pride purposes (DON'T MESS WITH MY POT BRO); I'd rather checkraise a gutshot aginst a donk instead of betting oop.

2 - Like someone said you'll get yourself into troubles doing this with marginal holdings (like Bobbo advocates) if called, so I wouldn't do it against an unknown or without a plan for a raise and for any turn card that may fall.

BTW I consider "never donkbetting" a leak, I don't think you should always check oop, donkbetting often works in a deceptive-tilting way that can be profitable if correctly used (and not abused).