View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Just how young (and why) are the top players online?

[ QUOTE ]
older (35+) people aren't good at thinking quickly for whatever reason, especially using electronics

[/ QUOTE ]

r u serious? You can come up with something better than that. There are some good ones in this thread, but this one made me shake my head.

I'm 38 with a Masters in both Computer Science and Mathematics and am head of programming at a Fortune 500 company. We "older people" simply cannot sit around in our PJs all day and play poker. It's called already having a life.

Once I learned bankroll management, I started at the micro level of 10NL. 3 hours a night, 4 nights a week MAX is all I can put in. Since Oct 06. I have moved to 25NL and crushed it, then to 50NL with pretty much the same success and now I am splitting time between 50NL and 100NL and I have NO doubt I will be beating 100NL and taking shots at 200NL soon.

If I could put in the amount of time these guys put in, I know for a fact I would be playing and beating the higher levels. But less time to play = less hands = less knowledge of the game.