View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: HU w/OESD 1/2 live

Once you raise to 10x BB, you're no longer really playing deep as you saw in this hand. As someone who has overplayed and misplayed 77-JJ a fair amount, I say from experience that I agree that the preflop raise is the mistake in this hand. It's tempting to figure "I must have the best hand" and "they will make a lot of bad calls preflop" to justify your raise (and your raise to 10x BB is no doubt +EV, it's just not maximally +EV). Pairs are hands where you want to let people in and see a "cheap" flop for $8 or so. Sometimes you take down a small pot with a cbet (depending on number of callers / board texture / image / etc.) and if you flop your set, the pot is usually big enough to get it all-in, often on the turn or even the flop.

As played, I think your flop decision is tough but your options are all-in or fold. I think you're behind most of the time, but you often have 10 outs and almost always at least 8 outs. Although you can't rule out Q9 or 97 entirely in these games. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hope you dragged the pot with a good turn/river card. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]