View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

[ QUOTE ]
Yea the latest season felt much more scripted or something. I've seen HBO plugging a new season but haven't heard anything about it other than that.

I still find it funny how my grandmother, an 85 year old woman who finds almost everything offensive, thought the Baptism episode was one of the funniest things she's ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last show I would have somebody watch who gets offended easily would be CYE.

Also I agree that Seinfeld's standup is far from great, but it did work really well within the show with Larry's presence. I think there is a noticeable difference in the show after Larry left, specifically in George. He went from being a pretty genius character to really annoying in most post-larry episodes. The show just lost a lot when Larry left, imo, seemed much more forced. In some of the older Seinfeld episodes it absolutely amazed me how clever the show was and how in depth some of the matierial was when everything seemed to come together smoothly. This is why I watch this show all the time still to this day having seen every episode seemingly dozens of times, every scene is full of brilliant writing with an amazing cast. Once you lose the brilliant writing though the cast can really only do so much.