Thread: Tomato juice
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Tomato juice

[ QUOTE ]
First, preparing a steak involved very little blood unless your preparation starts with a living cow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say blood? Oh yeah, I said "blood-like." I really can't imagine that you couldn't figure this stuff out on your own.

[ QUOTE ]
Second, there's a big difference between unprepared food that is cooked (chemically altered) during preparation and food that is not, clearly steak falls into one category and a bloody mary falls into the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the "chemically altered" defense. A mere red herring to the fact you have never tasted a Bloody Mary, yet you wrote with confident authority that the drink doesn't taste delicious.

I went ahead and put the relevant words in bold there, in case you couldn't figure this stuff out on your own.

[ QUOTE ]
Third, there's a strong correlation between smell and taste and I think bloody marys smell terrible. I've had each of the ingredients in a bloody mary on individually and the idea/smell of them combined does not appeal to me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? Correlate schmorrelate. Have you tasted a Bloody Mary?

Because you have not, you do not know whether a Bloody Mary tastes delicious, or whether it tastes nothing like sausage, which -- unless you couldn't figure this stuff out on your own -- is also "chemically altered."