View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: To Catch A Predator 7-18 New Jersey

My own experience with young girls on AIM:

I had a 12 year-old girl contact me via AIM repeatedly for a few months even though I mostly just ignored her.
She was the daughter of someone I worked with and apparently she liked to listen to my broadcasts on the radio.

She usually didn't say much but did occasionally ask about me being married and then say, "too bad" or something weird.

To be fair, I think it was her 15 or 16 year-old brother who was jumping on the account too and they just liked to mess with the guy that they were listening to on the radio.
But I'm pretty sure that most of the time it was just her being REALLY bored.

Pretty uncomfortable obviously.

I told her Dad about it. We were decent friends although not that tight or anything.
I said, "you know, your daughter somehow got my AOL e-mail address and likes to instant-message me during the day for some reason."
He said, "Oh yeah? That's pretty funny. She's kind of a weird girl sometimes."

Ummm, WTF?
It didn't even seem like the thought even occured to him that his daughter AIM'ing some 30-year-old guy should have been put to a stop.

I eventually met his daughter in person at some organization picnic or something and she couldn't even look me in the eye or even talk to me. Just a little girl acting like a little girl around grown-ups pretty much.
That night she's AIM'ing me constantly.
"BOB BOB BOB. I KNOW YOU'RE THERE BOB!"
etc etc.

I'm not attracted to little-girls. But if I was I'm sure I could have had a very real chance at manipulating this bored little girl into sneaking out with me or something creepy like that.
It was really uncomfortable for me.