View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: To Catch A Predator 7-18 New Jersey

I just skimmed the thread that luckyjimm posted (meaning I read a great deal of it) and feel much stupider as a result.
Oh well.
The guy who was in 'some way connected to the program' didn't seem to be THAT connected. A member of perverted-justice who knew a little bit about it.

The number of people in that thread who don't think it should be a crime flat-out astound me.

I don't know too much about this stuff, but I can almost promise you that the number of people they are catching are just a drop in the bucket.
I don't know how many 12-14 y.o.'s actually have sex with such predator-types but it has to be happening SOMETIMES, doesn't it?
Certainly with more of the 15 y.o. types of course.

Lots of girls who dig 'older guys' and I certainly can see a 14 y.o. thinking it's cool to be liked/found-attractive by a 25-year-old.

Also, in the show itself I have never seen the girl specifically ask for the penis-pics or make mention of "I want to be done doggie-style" or whatever.
It's always been the creepo guy who takes the conversation in that direction and the girl responding, "Oh. I see. Tee-hee. I might be scared. Does it hurt?"

I'm assuming that NBC isn't too violently editing the conversation to make him look that much worse.
Obviously to you, me and the guy they are trying to entice it would be pretty unrealistic for her to bring up the topic and ask him to do her doggie-style or something.

I think some 12-13 year-olds are probably smarter than you are aware about some things.
They are still REALLY lacking in life-experience of course. But they learn this stuff much faster in today's internet-age.
Wouldn't surprise me at all for their curiousity to be up for anything. Or to think it would be funny to talk dirty on the internet and then for it to go to far and for them to start to get curious.