View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 04:33 PM

Default faith, religion, spirituality

Standing with my bike, waiting for the train. Dude asks me if it goes to Menlo Park. Yep. Then I explain how you have to choose a ticket before paying, tricky Caltrain machine. Dude thanks me, I get ready to hoist my bike on the train.

Overhear a bum ask for change. Look down, check pocket knowing that there's only a 20 in the wallet. Look up, get the finger.

The other dude comes back to talk to me, says Thanks for earlier.
No problem man.
He hands me a million dollar bill with Grover Cleveland (only president to win, lose, win elections) on the front and a long sentence that begins: Are you going to heaven... on the back.

We chat. Scott's a nice guy, and a Messianic Jew, or Jew that believes Jeshua, Jesus, was the Messiah. Didn't ask him what the difference was between a Messianic Jew and a Christian like I should have. Talked about religion a bit, told him I'm not religious but agnostic.

On the train I read the small pamphlet he gave me, very interesting. Will definitely read more, and especially will reread the Torah just because I should. Will probably remain agnostic but I got to thinking about spirituality. Lately I feel like I'm learning that spirituality for me means becoming more compassionate and selfless.

Discuss your spirituality.

Absolutely no bickering.