View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: We\'re off!! Moving around the U.S.A.

Best of luck Senor Bob!

When I was married (for about 5 years whilst I was in The Navy) was married to a nurse. She did the travelling nurse thing for a bit. Her best friend college also did it. From what they both said, the benefits can be quite good (as in good pay, potenially housing like you guys got, and the ability to travel). There were of course drawbacks. The most significant ones they mentioned were being "low nurse on the pole" so to speak in that they were often assigned more of the "shitduty" than the hospital regulars, and more of the work. Additionaly, in matters of dispute, the head nurses tended to decide in favor of the hospital regs rather than the traveling/temp nurses.

If your gf has a strong will and laid back disposition, she'll be fine, if she really revolts at BS hospital politics, this may end up stressing her too much.

Either way, best of luck!

PS: I saw some nasty stuff when I was in the military, but I could never match the stories my wife would tell me. EEEEEEWWWWW! I made her a deal. She doesn't tell me about anymore level 3 bedsores, and I wouldn't tell her about bloated corpses or killing.