Thread: Crossfit FAQ
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Crossfit FAQ

shemp,

Most likely the improvement is due to less intensity and higher volume since kipping pushes work off the arms and back. You are never going to significantly increase volume of pull-ups if you continue to do the same number each week. But testimonials are worthless as we all know... So whatev.

Umm... A push press is just a military press with leg drive. Lets not try to church it up. Its not as skill specific as kipping. Push Press/Military Press and Curl/Cheat Curl is much closer than anything is with Kipping PU/PU.

Your argument and name calling about the Crossfit Total is pedantic and tired. They emphasize as some of their main tenets full body coordination but do not test it in their weight lifting total? I mean its a very simple modification. Actually why would they have people doing strict military presses at all, when a easy to implement variant is available that is more in line with their tenets. Also, what is a lower body push? How is it different from a lower body pull? Who uses these terms? I will ridicule them next.

Colt,

I'll go with you on that. I use cheat movements for a variety of things. Sometimes when I don't want to take the load off or don't want to chop ROM for certain exercises. There are a significant number of exercises that blur the lines between a cheat exercise and one that just coordinates the whole body.