View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This may sound odd but didn't every player that entered effectively tip 1.8% ($180.00) before the event got underway win or lose? The prize won by Yang represented the monies left after the operating costs had been removed. Yang effectively contributed $180.00 just like everyone else.

Depends on how you look at it I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could look at it that way. Or you could look at it as money out of the prize pool, so that effectively only people that cashed paid a tip.

In other words, if you bust out twenty minutes into the main event, it doesn't matter whether they witheld 2% or 20%, you still end up with nothing. It would make no difference to you. To the winner however, it would make a great deal of difference in how much he's paid.

So, in my mind the tip is only actually paid by the players that cash (and perhaps the bubbles, as well, if the payout would have been deeper with no witholding for the tip).

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you and the others are saying but as you say it depends on how you look at it! I thought it funny to put forth another perspective. If you took my 10K and peeled of $180 for tournament fees that's not going near Yang to distribute as he feels fit but in the Harrah coffers. That's MY money and it's going to the dealers etc. That is to say that even the 5700 "losers" were still decent enough to tip! LOL
Yang could have made an O&A gesture and made everyone feel good about it.