View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Going to take the LSAT in October, just started prep yesterday...

Step 1- Do logic puzzles, one at a time, untimed. Continue this until you can get them all right.

Step 2- Bring in the clock. Continue until you get them all right, in the time frame.

Step 3- Profit.

It's hard to sort of lay out any sort of a strategy, but you will develop one through practice, practice, practice.

Eventually, when you get to doing them perfectly the speed will come naturally because you will go to do one and remember "oh these pigs in pens is the same as the one I just did about doctors in offices".

Some tips-

Make a visual representation of all of the concrete rules that are established in the beginning. Then, draw a new picture for each question/choice as needed. Don't try doing it in your head or writing then erasing them, you'll get confused.

Find shortcuts. The LSAT class i took used as an example when they were trying to sell the class a particular logic puzzle question where the choices were.

A. Z
B. Y
C. X
D. W
E. V

If you looked to the rules in the context of the question, V=W and X=Y. Therefore, it was obvious those were wrong since if X were right, then Y would be too, and you can't have two right answers, etc.

You ended up answering the question in five seconds once you picked that out.

To a lesser extent these are present throughout the exams, where two choices are basically the same, cancelling out, which makes it a lot easier/faster.

I should just drop out of law school, study the LSAT til I'm consistently getting 179/180 and then tutor it for $200-$600/hr.