View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Going to take the LSAT in October, just started prep yesterday...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Grey, I'll buy those ASAP, and Noah, I did some searching but the only thread in the past 6 months that contained LSAT was your Q&A thread about 1L [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI- If the Testwell course is near you, I think its worth it. They advertise as teaching specifically to high scorers, to help them score even higher.

Personally, the only section I needed guidance on was the logic puzzles. I just had no plan of attack. I guess you can get those from a book, but a $1k class seems worth it especially since I got like a hundred times that back in scholarship money I wouldn't have gotten without an increase in LSAT score.

I didn't do all the work for the course but I went from "Logic Puzzles are the worst invention ever" to scoring perfect on the real test thanks to someone giving me a strategy.

All I know is that to work for them you need 99% LSAT which is like 172+, whereas Kaplan requires only 90% which is like 165 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noah unfortunately I'm located out of the Southeast even though I did go to school up there. As for what you said about the logic puzzles. This seems to be the one part of the test that is actually formulaic and beatable. Care to share what you might remember?

I can get all the q's right but a 5 question section takes me 10 minutes, which means I'm screwed for the real thing. Is it just practice practice practice? Or does a pattern start to emerge like when I took the SAT's and you can just run through them without thinking about it?