View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: pokertracker analysis and typical Plo mistakes ?

The biggest tool I use to evaluate an opponent on the river is his river AF. The AF is computed along the lines of ((bets + raises)/calls). So high river aggression means your opponent bets alot when he senses weakness and folds when people show strength. Now your at the river against a guy with a river AF, of let's say 5, which you will see a lot.

You have a hand you are willing to go to showdown with, and you out of position. Should you bet for value? Against this player, your standard line should be check call. Since he folds a lot, he will usually fold most hands you beat. Also, he will sometimes raise you as a bluff. Check calling takes this play out of his bag.

On the other hand, if you have a whiffed draw, you should consider leading out often, as his aggression factor indicates he folds a lot as well.

Mix it up here and there though, as a guy with a high river AF is ripe territory for the occasional check raise bluff!

The other thing I look for is a guy whose river aggression is way higher than all his other streets. These players often are chasers for bad odds that rely on river bluffs to keep them out of trouble. So if the river appears to brick, check call. Watch the draws, because they will chase str8's on a FD board, which disguises their draw.

<u>%WtSD v. W$@SD%</u>

Since its Omaha, you will see this a lot more than you will in holdem, and this is people who go to showdown more often than they win. When you see this after a fair amount of hands, and you don't need tons of hands, you have found yourself a fish.

Don't bluff him, unless you have another read, but try to isolate him as early in the hand as you can. Then value bet away, but don't pay off his draws that get there.

It also works the opposite. A low went to showdown percentage versus a high won at showdown %, means you have found yourself a weak tighty. You need to make these guys sweat, as they are begging for an excuse to fold. They will stack you here and there, but I promise you will steal enough small pots in the longrun that if you can successfully isolate this guy, you are going to come out ahead.

Since you know what your looking for with these two numbers, pay attention to yours as well. I promise there are others who are.