Thread: Dennis Kucinich
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Dennis Kucinich

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple">Dennis is by far the best semi-mainstream candidate to ever run for president. To me the other democratic candidates are lacking. Every position Dennis has I agree with. He NEVER voted for funding for the war. He won't take money from corporations. He is for NOT FOR PROFIT universal health care. He is the first true candidate running for president with integrity. How can you not love this guy? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with a lot of his positions on the war / social issues but all his economic positions are totally broken.

He's for:
1. Socialized healthcare.
2. Federally socialized education.
3. Pulling out of the WTO and NAFTA for the wrong reasons - He's a protectionist which will *hurt* the US economy, not help it.
4. He thinks: "we can create millions of jobs and simultaneously improve our quality of life"
Newsflash: Government doesn't create [censored]. This way of "creating" jobs results in higher prices for the goods / services that those jobs create.
5. Full social security at age 65. Great, more theft, perverse incentives and bureaucracy - Washington was totally lacking those things.

Wow, he thinks that:
"People have a right to:

* Have a job.
* Have a safe workplace.
* Get decent wages and benefits.
* Organize and be represented.
* Grieve about working conditions.
* Strike.
* Get fair compensation for injuries on the job.
* Sue if injured by negligent employers.
* Have secure pension and retirement benefits.
* Participate in the political process."

Sorry, this guy is a total communist. He just is.

I have to give him his due, he does get some things right:
1. US out of Iraq (but probably into Darfur. Sigh.)
2. Repeal Patriot Act.
3. Right to choose, privacy, and civil rights sound good.

So he gets three things right and everything else wrong.

Incidentally, if you didn't already notice, you've entered Ron Paul country, pilgrim. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Kucinich and Paul actually get on pretty well just so long as they don't talk about economic policy. Hmmm, I wonder who would win a Kucinich - Paul streetfight?...