View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: NL 25 J,9 flops two pair

Maybe. I'm only a few days into this game and don't know much about these NL25 guys. I was surprised with how sane even the low limit games seem to be though. Anyway.

Without reads I'd assume you just sat down here, so they don't know much about you. Your raise would be legit, even if your plan is to play loose ultimately. The board figures to hit you and you're faced with a pot-sized bet. Can't see that being very common. The pot is tiny with a lot of common made hands for SB that are going to stack you ~100% if you continue this way. Maybe he just holds a draw with that line, but kings up looks reasonable. If this is a common line for a bare king or just a draw or even less, then continuing is pretty clear and raising seems best, but I don't have enough experience to think that's necessarily true. It probably is, given the responses so far.

What I have seen from limited experience is a lot of players getting stacked on wet boards with hands that aren't monster made hands. The assumption is that draws and even weaker made hands (there aren't many) will also play strong so you have to show down, but I'd chalked that up to limit-thinking or at least something that wouldn't apply to randos at SSNL. I don't see, immediately, how this hand is a big earner when you're getting stacked by all bigger made hands almost 100% and still getting outdrawn a fair % of the time. If I'm misweighing hand ranges, that would explain it...but this 'raise/call any' line looks like a lot of 0th level mush to me. I didn't think HE was still this easy.

Not trying to mislead anyone. Just figured I'd start posting to sort out my personal confusions. It's been a while since I've played HE.