View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Strange...I never thought of God showing his power via a suckout lol

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at the guys in this thread and the others back slapping one another in recognition of their incredible wit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever read a 2p2 thread? Get used to it.

[ QUOTE ]
only dipsh*ts have faith, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but believing that only dip$h!ts have faith is a much more defensible position than believing in a fictitious creation. I'm not even an atheist -- a spiritual existentialist, to be specific -- but I'd suggest you not try to flex any intellectual debate into this thread. Religions get crushed by reason.

[ QUOTE ]
but realize he friggin escaped the Communists in Laos and made it to America. Pretty damn good reason to have faith in God.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess there are myriad reasons to believe in God, then, but that doesn't make it right to ask Jesus to river the life out of your opponents.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you can forgive him his over exuberance, and appreciate his pleasant and apparently charitable nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

His boast of giving away 10% is hardly worth noting, imo. I think most people would give away 10% to various worthy causes if they won.

Also, consider the possibility that he tried to make a deal with God that was based more on the moment than on his intentions. I'm not saying he didn't mean what he was saying. I'm saying that many, many people have felt the pressure of the moment and turned to God.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an agnostic and have no interest in being an advocate for those of faith--like spiritual existentialists for example--.