View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 04:12 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: Two situations involving showdown -- What\'s the right ruling?

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has nothing to do with IWTSTH. Nothing.

If I am the floor, the SB shows his hand or loses the pot. Period. I don't care who asked to see the hand or why.
The SB made a statement about his hand that caused the other player to (not too brightly) muck at the showdown. Now show the hand or give up the pot. If the hand was miscalled, we are in Situation 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to disagree. This showdown is between SB and BB. They both have cards and they are facedown. SB calls a hand and BB believes him and mucks and gives up the pot. I don't see how it is anybody's else's business at this point other than invoking that stupid rule IWTSTH.

You say SB has to table his hand period. Well he is the last player with a legitimate hand, everybody else has mucked or folded or gone to can. Why do we need to see his cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

In Indiana, you have to show both hole cards at the showdown to be awarded the pot. I wouldn't play in a card room that allowed your scenario. There are way too many opportunities for angle shooters if they know they won't have to show a winning hand.