[ QUOTE ]
Also, my understanding is that he truly was not a very good player

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps

[ QUOTE ]
and got quite lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd very much disagree

at the beginning of the final table he was winning pots left right and center without showdown

he ran sick hot in his first 3 all ins, sure: making a pretty good call with A9 vs. watkinson (which was a bad push obv), an overpush with J8 that got called by KJ (a borderine bad call by villain), and some other hand I don't remember that wasn't terrible

throughout the table I was just recalling the super system ideology that, if you're stealing and stealing and stealing, then you're going to have to take some all ins with the worst of it - but he managed to get money in in very good spots (save the JT call which was clearly terrible)

after the supper break he was easily the best player at the table, and between the supper break until kravchenko was eliminated, he ran like total [censored] but still didn't lose many chips - as he was totally owning blinds and uncontested pots

lapoker17 was praising his play, and until 2 hours later I didn't realize how much he really was running the table

the other 3 were huge weak-tight nits that sucked - and the russian guy broke my heart...