View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Absolute MGR calculation

I'd like to ask some people for help. First let me tell you my situation and then I'd like some people to post numbers.

I was told by a friend who owns a rakeback site that my site has been taking 14% out of my MGR to keep for themselves on AP (I'm not going to name the site yet in case this all turns out ot be incorrect). They were able to check it by having two players play heads up. The person that goes through my affiliate received 14% less than the other guy. I have no reason not to believe my friend because he's not trying to recruit me to his site...I can't change anyway.

So, I decide to do a little calculation. I used the total rake paid on the general tab of PT as an estimate of my total contributed MGR (I know it's not perfect, but after 30k hands it should be close enough). I subtracted 20% for the cut that AP takes out for deposit fees and such. Then I saw that my MGR on my site was almost exactly 14% less that this result. Very convincing considering 14% was what my friend said my affiliate was taking. I contacted my affiliate and they assured me that this was not true. I don't really know what to do. I'd love some people to post their expected MGR from AP (total rake-20%) and what their affiliate website says. If it turns out that my affiliate is taking a cut I will release the name.

Thanks in advance for any help.