View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Fight for Online Gaming!! -- Plan for week of 7/16

If anyone else was watching, the WSOP just ended, and Jerry is donating 10%(825k) to charities, and thanking God, rather sincerely for his victory. From all I can see, and read, he is a family guy, a refugee from Thailand made good in the US, and just won poker's biggest prize. Definitely a good face for poker to counter the frauds at FoF. Id love to see Yang stand up to someone like Bauchus on a panel in Congress witha life of real hardship and true faith, combined with respect for poker as a job and legitimate pastime. Im going to sleep now, but when I wake up Im going to start letters to the editor about him.

On the other hand, the commentary, especially Phil and Howard, disappointed me. Helmuth totally dissed online poker's contributions to the WSOP. No mention of politics, none. These guys were rich before this, but they are literally raking it in now. And if not for online poker, the WSOP would still be a small cult phenomenon. Literally almost popped a blood vessel listening to Phil before he left for the airport.