View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Professional No Limit Vol. II

[ QUOTE ]

If that's the case, then I think these readers will be much better off playing limit poker, where most hands go to a showdown and a cookie-cutter, cookbook approach is more likely to get the money.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes a lot of hands go to showdown in limit, but I hope you realize that just because you can bet any amount NL is still very formulaic as well. It's the nature of any game with a limited number of options for what you can do. I'm not going to buy a book that doesn't tell me what the authors normally do in a certain situation. If that is a cookbook approach then so be it. Why the hell else would I buy a book but to learn how the author actually plays? The theory books already exist, more practical hands on style books (that are well written and from reliable sources) are what the majority of small-mid stakes NL players are really looking for at the moment. People want to learn what the different lines are that can be taken in a hand, when these lines work well and don't work well, and see them applied by the author.