View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Trip Report: Berge goes to AC for the first time!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you went for Tony Lukes steaks in the caf downstairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you wish that on a nice guy like Berge? Tony Luke's in the basement food court has the blandest sandwiches on the planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drew speaks the truth. Those "cheesesteaks" are at best bland and at worst awful. The call grille by the old poker room (downstairs) had better cheesesteaks, but even those weren't great.

Sadly, most of the food in the Borgata food court isn't worth eating. The good news is that Noodles of the World, Risi Bisi, Bread & Butter, and a few of the other options more than make up for this.

EDIT: pls don't reply with "No wai! Fatburger is teh nuts!!" We all know that Fatburger is the poor man's In & Out, and if the B was going to contract for a west coast burger joint for its food court, it should have gone for the right one.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Japanese place - Habachi-san, I think - is decent for fast food.

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I have no clue what any of you look like otherwise I'd have run you down and said hi.

BTW the funniest damn thing that I saw all weekend was when I cruised over to check out the game that Shannon Elizabeth and company had started, about 10 minutes after they all sat down. They were playing $5/$10 NL and were all short stacked. WTF? All those people can afford to wipe their asses with the equivalent of my entire bankroll, and they were playing NL with like 50-60 BBs each.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are telling me that if I go to the Borg on Saturday nights, there is a chance I can play in a 5/10 game with Shannon Elizabeth? I've played like 800 hours in AC and have never visited the Borg (basically variance, I'm not intentionally avoiding it) but this would inspire a trip on the Jitney.