View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Investment Banking?

Hey 2+2,

So I recently started considering finding a job as an investment banker as an alternative to Chem grad school for future plans after college. However, I haven't been too exposed to the financial world as I didn't take a single economics class in college (nor do I plan to). You may be thinking "why the hell go into i-banking then?" Truth be told, quite a few of my friends who are very bright and hard working have gone into i-banking and though they say it's really cumbersome and tiring, they're making tons of money, enjoy the challenge, and think that I'd be cut out for it and would have a good time doing it. I'm currently a rising senior whose a Chem + Math major and was wondering if anyone in the 2+2 community has gone through the process and could recommend some books that could guide someone like me who has totally been unexposed to the job-hunting process. I know it's way early in the summer but the sooner I start, the faster I can catch up to those ec. majors who've been hunting these jobs since like freshman year. Thanks in advance.