View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Deep stacked $200 Plo8 Hand

[ QUOTE ]
I played a hand earlier today. I had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I potted preflop and the flop came 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I went all in instantly because it was NLO8. I got called in 2 places. One had 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the other had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I lost because the turn and river bricked and I wouldnt change a thing.

Sometimes you run into a big hand when you got a pretty big hand yourself, stuff happens. If you cant push on your flop with your hand you shouldnt be playing this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I agree that this is a no brainer shove in OP's scenario, but I'm not sure I can go along with you completely on your quoted statement Jorge when it comes to playing in a NL game, like your example-- particularly if there are deep stacks involved like OP was alluding to.

Risking 50-100 times the size of the pot with an overpair and a draw to half the pot is not really an indispensible strategy to deep stack NL games. IMHO