View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Ask Josem about visiting/living in Australia

Josem,

I want to live in a city with reliable, fast internet, a good amount of things to to do and culture to experience, and very importantly (second only to reliable, fast internet) good surf.

I envision my time in Australia spent in one central location renting an apartment there and taking surf lessons and practicing on my own several times a week. Occasional trips to other parts of Australia will be made so good ability to get around easily is a must. Either the ability to get by without a car or the availability of reasonably priced scooter rentals would be nice. I'll be there for almost 5 months it appears.

It seems like if I want a big city and surfing, Sydney is the only choice. I hear Melbourne is a better city to live in but the surf is nonexistent. Any insight you can offer is good. I don't mind a smaller city if it meets my other needs (reasonably well-connected transportation-wise and good, reliable internet available).

Also, nudges in the right direction for short-term furnished apartment rentals would be great though I'm sure I can just google that stuff.