View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Insight-Pokerhound Software

Now a new demo (created with better recording software) is available. It shows Pokerhound in action during an 18 player SNG on Pokerstars. The demonstration is subdivided into three different SNG stages:

- Initial phase with very tight pot odds play
- Middle phase: usage of several integrated and external stats.
- Final stage: usage of an ICM based push/fold strategy.

As one can see, this software requires much experience in dealing with a lot of information about opponents which is partly specific and updated for each stage of a poker hand.

Is it self-deception if one trusts too much on such additional information? Or does better information about opponents and probabilities lead into better poker decisions?

It is certainly true, this software does not calculate the actual values of the hand held by opponents and can also not estimate the outcome of a coin-flip decision. And nobody will need such software in a fish pond with well-behaved fishes. I certainly do not. And I am also not used to play with such software. However, what interests me: How it looks in a predatory fish pond if you have almost all desired information about your opponents and sophisticated ICM calculations? Is a good opponent able to change his behavior constantly and/or insert moves which lead to confusion, i.e. depreciation of the opponent stats as provided by such software?

I still try to find an answer. And therefore the opinion of a very experienced poker pro would interest me.