View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: IronChef Onion (with pics)

[ QUOTE ]

I think that an important change is that we should have more time between entries. Something like a whole month. The 2-week pace last time was a little frenzied, and died out when the posters couldn't keep up. I'd rather posters forget about IC for a few days between updates than they get tired of constant posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the frequency of the contests is what led, in part, to the end of IC-OOT.
I know that toward the end-around last Easter-when I was talking to people it was a timing thing.

[ QUOTE ]

The photo-unfairness is a big issue, but I don't think there's any getting around it. I happen to not get as competitive as others, but I do admit that I bought a dinky $8 tripod just for food. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that the photography has always been a sticky issue and like you Sam am not sure how to get around that either.

I have always liked the secret ingredient format-either chosen by the challenge winner or in a forum poll.
I know I have said this before but I also think that allowing published as well as original recipes may open things up to a lot more people.

ElSapo,

What sort of format would be less frustrating to you?
You definitely raised the bar in the contests.