View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Muslim\'s are NUTS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Radical Muslims:All Muslims as Jerry Falwell Evangelicals:All Christians. The former isn't exactly representative of the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recently, a couple of physicians were implicated in a series of terrorist attacks. They were also Muslim, but I was talking about this with some medical people. I decided to make the ABSURD and OBVIOUSLY SARCASTIC comment, something to the effect of "OMG where is the AMA publicly denouncing these physicians? Surely, this isn't the way of moderate medicine! We are a profession of peace! Why are physicians everywhere silent about this? Speak out publicly!"

Everyone thought that was a valid point. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant. FWIW, I've always been a little leery of doctors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some interpret the Hippocratic Oath literally, but they are foolish. Hippocrates clearly meant some parts to be interpreted metaphorically, and while it leads to some misunderstandings (a ban on performing surgery? Obviously not literal! A ban on charging for medical education? LOL sooooo metaphorical) any open, honest reading of the Oath should lead you an understanding of what He meant.