View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: My massive psychology post. My life seems to be at a fork.

Hey Pitt, anyone that is a normal and semi decent person has gone through similar times as you, so dont worry you, you are not alone. As for everyone saying you need to stop smoking I disagree, because if it is something that you want to do you should do it. However, given the way that you have talked about smoking weed it sounds like you are doing it in a destructive manner, and you should try to avoid doing that. Maybe just take a break from smoking, get things more even, and then decide if you want to again.

Poker - Not a good thing to be doing while in a difficult emotional state, especially with a temper. Every poker player knows the feelings you are talking about, and every losing player reacts the way you appear to be reacting. Again, just take a break from it.

Emotions - You realize some of your emotional problems, which is a big step, now act on that knowledge. Realize when you are getting unjustly pissed, like when driving, and then ask why am i doing this? It will get better in time.

Relationship - Most long term, long distance relationships have episodes like this. Be careful posting like this on here, because she is probably going to read this. Everyone does similar things when they have girl problems, like leaving really sad away messages on IM and [censored], and all it does is make the two people in the relationship feel worse. It sounds like you really care about her, and it doesnt have to be over if you want it bad enough, at least thats what I think.

When people are at their lowest points, their actions and feelings define what kind of person they truly are. You sound like a good guy, so now act like it. If you know smoking and poker is making you unhappy and you are doing it foolishly, then stop. You will be fine though, and good luck.