Thread: 50k HU Tourney
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: 50k HU Tourney

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to play but I don't really want to spend a month doing it. If this can be a couple day thing I'm in, if not, no big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
You could always try to lose quickly. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

In order to give a lot of play, it looks like we're going to run a round robin for the first round. So that's going to require, 3-4 best of three matches. If you can schedule all of your matches on the same day, you could have a very good idea of whether or not you will make it to the next round right then. If you do make it to the next round, though, you would have to wait for your opponent to finish their round robin matches, with which people's schedules could certainly require the full week.

I have no problem letting the tournament run as quickly as possible, even if it means letting people play round two before other people finish round one, in order to avoid people 'waiting around', but doubtful you'll be able to coordinate with everyone to play in one day. Maybe a few days for round one, wait a few days, then one or two more days for the later rounds...? It really all depends on people's schedules... There's no theoretical reason why the whole thing couldn't happen in two or three days. But people have other things going on...

edit: if you would send me your screen names, then I could get to finalizing the financial arrangements, and we could finalize the details, which might make things clearer for everyone...