View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Raise ATC from CO or button?

[ QUOTE ]
It's obviously fine when you're scooping up the pots. It's not like I'm saying "You're making money? That's bad." But in a vacuum raising pre-flop with a wide range in hopes of taking down another small pot with a cb seems like it'd be leaking money in the long-run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying play every marginal hand like this. You need to mix it up just enough to keep people off balance. What I am saying is that raising from LP just opens up so more winning opportunities (btw part of this approach is playing a big hand exactly the same way as a marginal hand open-raise. You either take down the blinds (miniscule money), you take down more money when they fold to your continuation bet (something like 6-7 blinds on average maybe. Sometimes they play back on you via a check-raise but counterbalance that with the situation where you're marginal pre-flop hand turns into a decent hand on the flop. In thsi situation you end up taking down sizeable pots and you tend to get paid off as people think you're just pushing a blind steal too hard. The trick is to know when you need to slow down post-flop. So while I do talk about making money from small pots, what I'm probably trying to say is that its more of a means to an end.