View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Trip Report: Berge goes to AC for the first time!

Woot!! First time I've made it into a trip report!

One quick correction, it wasn't a Raymer t-shirt, it was a Trailer Park Boys t-shirt. Julian drinking whiskey.

I don't know why I showed the K, I almost never do that because I generally think its stupid. I had AK there as I think was pretty obvious, but I will occasionally play QQ or KK in a similar way. Especially against a smarter player who might be raising my c-bet on the flop and then checked the turn behind me.

I was actually the one who tried to explain the IWTSTH rule to the Asian lady. I'd raised preflop with KQ, then called the guy to my lefts $20 bet (into a 70ish pot) on the T-high flop. He was slightly weak tight and I figured I could win with a Q/K or with a smallish sized bluff on the turn or river (depending on how the hand went). I then chickened out (don't know why) and both turn and river went check check. I mucked right away because I said K high at the same time the other guy said A high. He was a good guy so I just tossed it right away, although I guess I should have waited...

The lady asked to see my hand because she'd folded a pair. I usually just ignore the occasional IWTSTH use but decided I'd try the polite-explain-the-spirit-of-the-rule line that people here recommend. Unfortunately her English wasn't quite good enough (or I'm not articulate enough) for her to understand what I was trying to say, so I gave up.

That session was probably the best run of cards I've ever had, and ended up a very healthy amount for 1/2.