View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Weird spot....what do u do here with AA in the bb???

[ QUOTE ]
i usually do go to $12 right here pre oop...but with a hand like AA im trying to to give him a cheaper flop so maybe he'll hit top pair and pay me off a lil....while at the same time building the pot enough to make him wanna play the hand....understand that theory?

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this would be an excellent theory if you raised a very wide range preflop in this spot.

I've played against you, and you don't. I'd guess your hand range preflop to be AK TT+, maybe AQ.

So basically when you make that raise preflop you are saying "Look, all you ass holes who are limping in with crappy hands. I have a top 3.5% hand right now, so I'm going to give you guys A) at least 35:1 implied odds preflop, B) like 4:1 express odds preflop, C) a cheap shot at position with a drawing hand, and D) an extreme probability that I'm going to have a strong hand on most flops."

And determining from the fact that you are even considering calling all in here, we can go ahead and add "E) I'll stack off to you a lot when you hit, too."

No offense intended, thats as clearly as I could communicate this.