View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

A little early and I'm kinda whiped out so no more programming for tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Holdem Manager Beta 1 is now ready for download!

First a bunch of disclaimers... This is the very first public release of a brand new program so expect bugs!!! Some of the things that are missing include:

No HUD
No Replayer
No Income Tab that combines cash with tourneys and rakeback etc

These are all being worked on but I don't have definite dates yet for any of them. In addition to this there will be bugs: the software very well may crash on you, some tabs may look half finished (most likely because they are half finished), some hands will report as errors when they should not or even import incorrectly, there is very little documentation and in general it may look like the software is not ready for "prime time". Well that's because it is beta release #1.

Please visit http:/www.holdemmanager.net and click on the Forums button and spend 1 minute signing up. Put bugs and suggestions in there. If they are put in this thread it will become too difficult to find anything.

New sites will be coming but you'll need to be patient for a while - I need to get the program to a point where it is all running well and then I'll be very aggressively adding new sites.

The HMSF format is in its early stages and will be updated although it is reasonably close to being final. The database will change - not only between now and the official launch but there's a pretty high chance that at some point during the beta I'll be asking you to start a new database due to tables being added / modified. So, just realize that before you import 10 million hands.

You need the .NET Framework 2.0 if you don't already have it.

.NET 2.0 Download

You need PostgreSQL if you don't already have it - instructions here:

PostgreSQL Installation Help

Holdem Manager Beta 1 Download (2 MB):

Download Holdem Manager Beta

If the download becomes slow then mirrors will be opened but hopefully everything is ok since it is a relatively small file.

ok, have at it! I'll be checking the forums in an hour or two and try to deal with any immediate issues if/when they come up. If problems do come up just try to be patient - I will get them all fixed.

rvg