View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: TV cooking contest shows

[ QUOTE ]
Katie, if you have not read Bourdain's book Kitchen Confidential, you really should give it a try. It's absolutely hilarious in many places, and gives a really intriguing look at how the business really runs and what it's really like at all levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the recommendation, Blarg. Definitely sounds like something I would enjoy. I will look for it this week. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ok so I watched two episodes of Next Food Network Star. This show was a lot of fun. Way better than Hell's Kitchen. I won't give away any spoilers just wanted to say I really liked the format. I got to see the differences in style between the contestants and learn their strength and weaknesses which is a lot more than we learn from HK. This is the kind of show I want to watch.

With regard to last week's show, I found it interesting that Jag didn't make one entry that the judges liked. And what was with his chicken wontons dipped in vinegar? Who does that? Yuck.

Amy's chicken with goat cheese and mushrooms looked really good, as did her comfy looking stew. She seems like a very strong contestant. Clue me in on why she wanted to go home the other week.