View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: please evaluate my life plan:

I Think most people here are offering the same advice, not to pursue something you dont like, rather find something you do and make that also conforms to your desire for financial security. As an example lets use your friend the aspiring sports writer. With a 26k a year starting salary obviously finances aren't a real concern with him, however if it were how could he merge the two? Just by being creative, what kind of sports writer does he want to be, how about something not as heavily covered but still growing, like MMA which is expected by many to eventually meet or surpass boxing. Would the competition be as heavy here? would the pay perhaps be better? instead of taking a 26k salary he could instead start his own firm covering that sport genre. Entreupeneurship is by far the most financially rewarding avenue, albeit with high risk and initial capital needs.

That is just an example and one you should consider as it may apply to you, everyone keeps asking what you would like to do and you keep answering "be secure" which isn't an answer. How about strippers, you say you like them, is that your dream job then, opening an adult club? Or as a marketing agent for girls? Maybe if your friend covered MMA and you managed hot girls you could collaborate and become friends with Bodog, lol. I will stop going blathering now and just reiterate what others have said, figure out what you want to do and make that work for you.