View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: How to play 22/17

[ QUOTE ]
I currently run at around 18/13, but a poster in another thread wrote, "If you play at 22/17 poker becomes so much easier"? Would people say this is true, and if so, how do I run at those stats.

Currently I raise pps from all positions, AJ+, KQ from EP, all broadway when folded to me in MP, and high suited connectors 87s+ and all suited aces on the button after 0/1 limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

My stats are actually 22/18 over maybe 45k hands or so.

Really, the only advice I can give you for preflop play is quite simple advice - don't be so stringent with your starting hand requirements. Think about the other players at the table, and how their play and their perception of your play will influence how you play your hands. Don't only raise AJ+, KQs from EP. If it's a tight table, then open up your range. 98s is fun to raise from UTG on the right table. When you are in the CO or OTB, think about who has limped or raised before you, and how the blinds play. Do the blinds fold often? Was it folded to you? Then raise any two cards. Does the BB defend often? Then tighten up. Did two loose passive players limp before you and the blinds are tight? Then play some speculative hands for a raise (the blinds will fold and your loose-passive opponents will probably come along).

Just live a little and get out of the "JTs from UTG is unprofitable" mindset. Expand a bit by experimenting with different hands in different situations.