View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: please evaluate my life plan:

yellow; i do not want to work as an accountant. likewise everyone i know doing it doesnt enjoy it. my brother qualified 12 months ago, and i know another 2 guys entering their 3rd year, both dont enjoy it.

reason is means to an end. hopefully come 10 years down the line it'll lead to a more interesting job, and for me importantly, a very secure financial future.

i would rather of got a better paid, more interesting bank related job, but when the competition is people with a number of internships and people who actually properly prepare for interviews (unlike myself who would play online or drink instead) it is very hard. fwiw, i will be working at a big 4 firm, so whilst i will be working hard on dull jobs, career wise it should lead to better work.

mediatate; sorry i mean i'll make $270K in the first 3 years culmulatively. the job pays $53K/year which goes up each year, and hopefully I should make some playing online and other bits and bobs.

In the UK the amount you can borrow is up to 4.25 times your salary with most estate agents, a few allow up to 5 times you salary. so yep i could put down 10% of the house, but i could, if my salary was then $100K, borrow $400K, thus putting down a $40K deposit. $440K total won't buy you much at all in london. your looking at a 1 bedroom flat in a not very nice area, or some tiny studio flat. London house prices are ridiculous.

Thanks for the replies.