View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: PLO8 $22 - $5000 GUARANTEED HAND

This is the definition of a trap hand. The guy who is betting most likely has some sort of set because even if he is stupid he isnt that stupid. Most players even the most horrible ones assume AA when someone raises. If seat 7 is betting out in this spot its usually a set. He knows seat 9 has aces and he is saying, I can beat that and I dont want any more cards. Seat 9 might have A2, but he might not. There is a possibility that he got stubborn with AA4 or even AA5 because he has aces and most players have a hard time laying that down. I would probably call and take a turn, but I would expect the raiser to have something like A24X and the bettor to have something like 88XX or KKXX. If you raise here you are just burning chips. Any hand that will get out with your raise you would have probably wanted in. You dont want something like KQ23 or something along those lines to go and that is the only type of hand that would fold to a reraise here. KK, 88 and 77 are going nowhere and A2 is going nowhere and the betting indicates both of those hands are out there so why would you reraise?