View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Players who cannot fold A-K preflop deep in the WSOP ME?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
omg donk you are so wrong in so many ways that it's sickening. Good players love people like you because they take all of your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's asking for insight and your acting like a pompous jackass. Don't even bother posting if you can't say anything constructive. The guy is trying to advance his game you clown.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of being leveled, and trying to talk strategy somewhere it obviously doesn't belong, I'll try to explain it to OP. Ok, so it folds to Dag in the CO. Dag is extremely aggressive, and I'd bet he's taking a shot at the blinds here at least 30% of the time, maybe more like 50% (hell maybe ATC,) but we'll say 30% to be conservative. Tran knows this, so he could be reraising as a bluff, and even if not he can raise top 10-15% of hands for value in this spot. Dag knows AK is at the tip top of his range. He knows Tran is reraising top 10% at the very least here. However, Dag also probably feels that Tran is at least competent, and playing postflop OOP with AK will be tricky. Also, Dag knows that given Tran's wide reraising range, he can shove AK for value. Tran may call him light thinking Dag is making a move, he'll most likely fold, but even if not, AK crushes Tran's reraising range. Unfortunately for Dag, AA was in Tran's range. However, Tran shows up with AA here about 1-2% of the time. It was just really bad luck for Dag, but a totally standard play.