View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Gross treatment of mentally ill

[ QUOTE ]
Lets hear you make a case then. I"m all ears.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On what planet did someone decide that the best thing to do with the mentally ill is to assume that it is appropriate to be in control of them in such a way that we would be in a position to 'cut them loose'?

[/ QUOTE ]
You tell me, if you are not sure about the planet!?!
[ QUOTE ]
They get free checks from taxpayers and free housing as well

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes? I presume you mean in the USA?
[ QUOTE ]
They all have access to free drugs to treat their illness but some choose not to take the drugs. They are entitled to the check due to their illness and are not required to engage in any form of treatment whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]
A matter of freedom of choice would you not say?
[ QUOTE ]
some are getting...

[/ QUOTE ]
And some are getting nothing!!!
[ QUOTE ]
If they are taken to the police station and charged with a crime and appear crazy they will be evaluated by a psychologist. If crazy they will be transferred to a psych hospital run by the state and prescribed meds (that they are likely already prescribed and not taking). As long as the psychologist deems that the person was not capable of understanding the wrongness of their actions at the time of the act (ie they thought that the cop was an alien fly and that is why they swung a pipe at him) they are declared not guilty by reason of mental illness.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess if you had the wrong idea about your rights, you should also be held not responsible due to you mental illness. Seems reasonable to me! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, really enough said, your idea of society seems really unappealing to me. Should be obvious to most people that have a humane understanding!