View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Friday the 13th at Bay 101 (Trip Report - long)

[ QUOTE ]

why wasn't bravos playing 8/16? why wasn't shill playing 20/40 or 10000000/20000000?
anyway, nice report, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I call Buzz and have him put my name on the 6/12 and 8/16 list since he got there before me. I called about 15 minutes earlier to put my name on the board, but the board dude is like.. "umm no call-ins". I'm like "Umm What?, I call in all the friggin time". The he's like.. "right, no call-ins *<click>*".

So I get there in about 10 more minutes and see Brad standing right out by the main board. I check and see that I am about 8th on 6/12 and 18th or so on 8/16. I'll just take the first one up,but already know that it will be 6/12 as they are only running 2 8/16 tables.

Funny side note... as I check to see where on the list I am, I hear the guy running the board talking to a guy on the phone and proceed to put him on the list.. HAHA Floorman 1 - Bravos 0

Brad gets him name on the board and sweats me while he waits. I have a very good seat at the table as the 2 most aggor villians are on my immediate right with the only uber-nit of an older black gentleman 2 seats to my left. I've played w/ 4-5 people at the table and already feel good. Well I start totally card dead.. It really sucks playing 10/3 poker..LOL. I quickly find out that the asian dude between me and OBM (old black man) is uber-uber loose (ULA - uber loose asian). He plays about 90/2 while at the table [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

About 2 orbits in, I look down at A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP and only UTG limping. I raise, ULA cold calls as does BB and UTG.

Flop is like 28J w/ 2 diamonds. I lead and ULA is the only caller. I have no read on ULA yet, other than he is loose. Turn is J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and it goes, check, check. River T:diamonds: and I check/call and he shows 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for baby flush. Sweet cold call!

He rapes me again when I have ATs OTB on the next orbit. Ten high flop, 4 ways, I bet, 2 call. Turn K, ULA leads, BB raises, I muck. ULA wins w/ KT. I win a decent pot w/ KK and then go dead for about 2 hours.

During this time Brad gets his seat after getting hosed the first time...[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] His name is called for an open seat at my table and just as he is about to sit... um "Sir, this lady is actually first up, we'll lock up the next seat for you" LOL, lady sits down and I LOL at Brad.. "Dude, you got got punked! She is a reg and I know her name was not on the list anywhere near yours." So "KK" sits and begins to play her a-little-too-loose-and-not-aggro-enough-but-not-horrible-post-flop game. I've played with he quite a bit at 8/16 since she almost always plays an hour or 2 of 8/16 before moving to the 20/40 game. I constantly own her and always imagine her getting brutally slaughtered at the 20 game.

I watch some old asian dude call 3-bets cold PF and I walk over to he how Brad is doing. He is up a good bit when catching AA where it was 3 bet or capped PF like 5 ways. I report to Brad about the 3bet cold-call and he asks me what he had. I tell him that I will report back since the hand was still happening. I walk back just in time to see the cold caller scoop a huge pot w/ his 3bet cold called black ACES..LOL

A bit later I walk over just in time to see Brad's stack decimated! I just missed the nut-flush v str8 flush bloodbath. Shortly after, Brad picks up and starts sweating Buzz and I again. My seat is so close to Buzz's, I can actually sweat him without leaving my seat.. I just look over my shoulder and can even see his hole cards when he peaks them. He has some fun hands including one where he flops trips and turns a boat w/ 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I get a good rush which starts w/ me winning back to back pots of about 15BBs each.

Had a great time as always and had some nice chats w/ everyone.

I'll leave you all w/ 2 hands..

3 limpers, SB completes, and I check my option in BB w/ K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop comes K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I lead, cuz I rock and no one puts you on a king there..lol idiots.

UTG raises, UTG+1 cold calls, rest fold and I call, looking to c/r turn.

Turn is a beautiful 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, I pop it. I had put UTG+1 on a flush draw mostly, but after he just called when it came in, I figured him for a stubborn ace instead. Of course, the river is the A:spades: and I check in disgust. Surprisingly it checks through. UTG+1 did indeed had a small flush and I end up chopping the pot w/ UTG's K2o Ugggh WTF?!?!

Hand 2..

3 limpers and MP raises. I trey TT from the HJ, BTN calls 3 cold and all 3 of the limpers fold (LOL) along w/ the blinds. 3 handed to a A24 rainbow flop. Checked to me, I bet, cold caller raises, CO folds after looking at me for about 20 seconds. I already know what he has basically to the exact rank. So now I'm getting about 15.5:1 to call on what is no doubt a 2 outer... so pretty damn insufficiant odds. For what ever reason, I decide to call and immediately call myself a donk [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. About 2 hands before this, I had TT and an Ace flopped. This same guy led out w/ what turned out to be A2 and a T came on the turn..LOL

So anyhow, a J hits the turn and I plan to check/fold, but he checks behind... Hmm, maybe he is scared that I have a bigger ace or just has MUBS altogether? River is another brick and it goes check/check again. I table my TT and it is goot??[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] WTF did he have? Must of been a smaller P, but the hand just boggled my mind.

I racked up and left after catching KK for a decent pot UTG on my last hand. I finished up $216 (because I reloaded another $100 in the middle of my card dead time because I hit about 12 BBs or so, so this explains why AK thought I was up about $300. Still a decent night of pokah!

BTW, my name was called for 8/16 at about midnight! YES, about 3.5 hours to get thought 18 or so names on 8/16..WTFaments.