View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Child rapists, evils, and the state

[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone should be guaranteed health care through the state, including prisoners, and that there should be no cap on the care provided to prisoners simply because they are prisoners. There might be wildly exotic and expensive treatments that the state should not pay for, but if a treatment has been proven to be medically effective, it should be used.

I do, however, think that prisoners should be forced to work to a much greater degree than they do now in order to defray the cost of their incarceration.

I also think that using "child rapists" is a bad example. Such people typically need psychologically care to a much greater degree than most criminals. That's not to say they are morally inculpable. It's not their fault they are attracted to children, but it is their fault in acting on those attractions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note to self: NickMPK supports free nose jobs and liposuction for child rapists.

Hahah, ok, seriously. People accuse ACers of being unable to argue outside of their own axioms, but this is just the same thing. Yes, everyone SHOULD have free ponies, but that policy isn't in place.

So, the question should be, GIVEN that there IS NOT universal health care, does it make sense to be giving free nose jobs and botox treatments to child rapists while poor, but law-abiding, citizens die in the streets?