View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Engineering or Business

I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what I should major in. At the moment I am in the electrical engineering program and am stuck with it until spring semester. However, I am not so sure I want to continue down that path. Luckily my entire first semester transfers for any of the other degrees i am interested in pursuing.

Basically I am trying to decide between electrical engineering, petroleum engineering, computer engineering/computer science, or a dual major in Accounting and Finance. My school has a program that fast tracks you into getting a BBA in Acc. and a Masters in Finance, which looked like something I would be interested in. Also, my roommate is a Acc. major, which would give me someone who I can easily study with. However, with all of the engineering programs I already have summer internships.

I originally decided on engineering because I've always been strong in math and sciences and my dad is an electrical engineer. I just don't know if I am that interested in the field. I say that but honestly I am not all that aware of what I would be doing out of college in any of these fields. Any advice is much appreciated.