View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: To the Multi-Accounters : some thoughts before this upcoming Sunda

[ QUOTE ]
Online poker ISN'T real poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I agree with this. I see it as a different form of poker with it's own unique twists. Just like the difference between 7 stud, hold'em, and omaha. Or even better the differences between hold'em as a ring game or in a tournament. Trying to make on-line poker as close to live is in some ways like Sklansky wanting to change tournament pay-out structures to minimize bubble considerations (or more like "real poker"). Trying to make it close is reasonable, but to think that it isn't poker because it is different is questionable.

In any case I'm ambivalent on how I feel about "team" play, but multi-accounting is cheating and those who do it are scumbags.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't even need to go too deeply into the obvious unethical nature of multi-accounting. ... If you don't get that, go pick up a book or take a class on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my first thoughts when this thread started is that it's too bad so many of the young, elite players have dropped out of or forgone college to go pro. An ethics class in college might have done them some good in this area(besides other benefits).