View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Commerce $40 sit and go

Tried the Commerce new $40 ($34 + $6 rake) buyin sit and go tournament last night. They use the "lightning poker" e-poker tables. 1st place paid $200something (wasn't paying too much attention, I was playing for the novelty of it) and 2nd place paid the rest of the $340 prize pool. 10 players, players start with 500 chips and blinds start at 5-10 and go up every 15 minutes (to 10-20, then 20-40), so there was a decent amount of play before the all-in fest began.

Playing the sit n go was fun. The majority of players were the brick and mortar regulars vs. internet players. The brick and mortar players were shocked, just shocked, that I would push with any decent hand with <10 times the blinds. The normal raise was 2 times the blinds. Lots o limping, as is typical with brick and mortar. The players had a lot of fun getting used to the electronic poker table.

Anyway, got 5th place when my push with TT in the big blind got called by a min-raiser and a caller and I lost to a straight to both on the river.

Not sure you could make much $ on this with the 16% rake, but it's fun and a nice change of pace.